18 August 2009

iTunes Shuffle Fortune Telling for 8.18.09

So, I've written out 10 questions and/or topics...now I will put my iTunes on shuffle
and see if they address my questions...here goes nothing:


1. Will I be successful in my creative endeavours?
Waiting in Vain - Bob Marley
Ok, not sure how to interpret that. I'm gonna say it's not a negative...it just means, don't wait. Make it happen.

2. What will come of my love life?
The Beloved - Yusef
Cool. I'm gonna take that as a positive affirmation. (ps. Yusef is the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens)

3. What will happen with my father and his poor health?
Feel My Flow - Naughty By Nature
My interpretation of this one is just...go with the flow, it will take it's course and I should feel for him. (By the way, my dad is TOTALLY "naughty by nature" so that's ironic)

4. Will friends that wronged me ever set things right?
The Ballad of the Broken Birdie Records - Mum (from the album Yesterday Was Dramatic)
Not really an answer to the question, but on that topic I do feel kinda like a broken birdie...so...
maybe the key to it is just healing on my own and flying away. (and avoid drama!)

5. Will Obama do a good job?
WTF - Tittsworth (Feat. Kid Sister & Paserock) (DJ Deekline & Ed Solo Remix)
Politicians often make me say What The Fuck, so...I think he'll probably leave us scratching our heads trying to figure it out. Things are pretty crazy in the world right now...so yeah-wtf. Seems apt.

6. What is the meaning of life?
Lucky Charm/Intuition Acapella - Erland Oye
The meaning of life...part luck and part intuition. Seems about right. No surprises there.

7. What will happen with the person I am currently "seeing" (term used loosely)
RUN DMC - You Talk Too Much
Yeah, I guess that's true. Thanks Run. I'll shut up now about it. This one is probably best left alone anyhow. Harder said than done, though.

8. On the topic of my health:
A Minor Incident - Badly Drawn Boy
Well, I'd hardly call it minor-I do have a serious disease (Scleroderma) but maybe I can look at it like...not the thing I should be focusing on and even if I'm in pain, to view my health problems as minor and push past. Yeah, I like that!

9. On the topic of world peace (or the lack thereof)
Grey - Ani Difranco
As colors go, grey is muted. Not a happy color, kinda somber. Sorta muddy, if you will.
A grey day can be very cozy, though...still, if we're trying to read this as a fortune-I think it's not the most positive answer. Boo.

10. Do dogs go to heaven or have an afterlife?
Hysteric - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Granted this is a silly question. I just have been thinking about my dog Dudley a lot lately, since I had to have him put down on May 7, 09. It's been a little over 3 months and I just wonder about dogs and their souls. I don't think their souls are any less important than a human soul. I wonder about human souls and afterlife too....but that being said....
How does that answer the question?
Websters dictionary defines hysteria as:
1 : a psychoneurosis marked by emotional excitability and disturbances of the psychic, sensory, vasomotor, and visceral functions
2 : behavior exhibiting overwhelming or unmanageable fear or emotional excess
I wouldn't say that I'm afraid or even that disturbed...and psychoneurosis does not sound good.
Let's just say...maybe it means, don't over think it. It is what it is.

So there you have it. iTunes Fortune Telling.
I think it was cathartic. Was it good for you?
(I'd love it if someone else would try this and comment on their findings.)

0 comments: