26 November 2009

Thanks Shmanks...

I know I'm supposed to be thankful today. I know everyone is blathering on and on about it. I know gratitude is important...I do...but honestly I'm having a hard time feeling grateful for much of anything. I've just stayed quiet about it, not responding to others gooey thankfulness ramblings. I feel kinda sorry for myself that I don't have more things to be grateful for. Like good health...good health would be nice. Maybe a loving relationship or close friends...yeah that would be something I'd be grateful for if I had them right now. I'm in a dark place, yo-and I'm not going to paste a happy face on it and say the obligatory "it's all good" cause that's just bullshit. I am grateful for basic stuff...like a roof over my head, food and clothing, a family that loves me, albeit not in the way I'd like to be loved, but in their own way. I am really hoping that by next year I will have more happy stuff to be grateful for. I know it can't all be sunshine and roses, but c'monnnnn! Just a little happiness goes a long way. God if you're listening, get going on that please. All this dark shit is a little more than I can handle, and if you truly know me, you'd stop it already.
I lost four pounds. I am grateful for that.
Off to work out. How many people can say that after Thanksgiving dinner? I'm a little proud of myself. Let's see if we can't extrapolate on that.
You are dismissed.

0 comments: